I got an email this morning asking me to either upload a video of myself saying what I think about healthcare reform OR take a “quiz” to see how the healthcare reform package would benefit me directly based on my current situation.
I took the quiz. Here are the answers that I got:
Here’s What You Will Get Out of Health Insurance Reform
- Reform will bring down costs generally and make insurance more affordable and accessible, ensuring more choices for quality coverage
- Reform will allow you to keep the coverage you have if you want to
- Reform will establish an insurance exchange that will provide easy one-stop shopping to compare rates and services and promote competition
- Reform will streamline and simplify paperwork and cut the bureaucracy for you and your doctor
- Reform will be accompanied by an agreement to end the “donut hole” in Medicare Part D, dramatically reducing both the costs and anxieties associated with purchasing prescription drugs
- Reform will end discrimination based on gender – a healthy 22 year old female can be charged premiums 150% higher than a healthy 22 year old male under the status quo
- Reform puts a cap on what insurance companies can force you to pay in out of pocket expenses, co-pays and deductibles
- Reform will prohibit insurance companies from dropping or watering down insurance coverage for you or your family members if you become seriously ill
- Reform will prevent insurance companies from placing annual or lifetime caps on the coverage you receive
Then I clicked on this link for more. You should too. My premiums go up 10% every year — and I’m healthy!